Earlier this month, Google added the ability to block people on Google Drive. This new feature not only prevents other users from accessing the information you share, but also deletes previous files stored on your drive, so you can save some memory. Ways you can block someone on Google Drive and then unblock them.
Also read | 6 Ways to Completely Repair Google Disk Memory Without Files
Block / Unblock Users on Google Drive
You can block users using a file shared on disk. Note that when you block someone, they will not be able to share a file with you or access any of your documents, and vice versa. How to block someone on PC, Android and iOS.
On the PC
On your computer, you can block some users with the email ID they use to share a file with you on Disk. How to block some users:
1. Log in to drive.google.com on your PC and sign in with your Google account if you haven’t already.
2. Now right-click on the file shared by the user you want to block.
3. From the Options menu, click Block (email address).
4. In the window that now opens, click the Block button.
This is so. That user will now be blocked from accessing your drive.
If you use Google Drive on your smartphone, you can block someone using its application.
1. Open the Drive app on your phone.
2. Now click More (three dots) at the top right of the file you are sharing.
3. In the Options menu, tap Block (email address).
4. Now, in the next window that opens, tap Block.
That’s all. This account will now be blocked.
Here’s what you can block someone on Google Drive on iOS:
1. Open the Drive app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Click the More (three dots) icon at the top right of the shared file.
3. From the Options menu, tap Block (email address).
4. Now, in the window that opens, tap Block.
Note: The feature spreads in stages and may not be available to everyone. So if you don’t see a choice, you have to wait.
How do I unblock someone on Google Drive?
If you want to unlock someone later, you can easily do so on PC, Android or iOS by following these steps:
1. Open the Drive app on your phone or access drive.google.com on your PC.
2. Tap your profile picture in the top right corner and select “Manage your Google Account.”
3. Now click on “People and Sharing”.
4. Then select “Blocked” and a list of accounts you have blocked on Google will appear.
5. Now search for the name of the person you want to unblock and select the Delete (X) icon next to the name.
You can block or unblock someone on Google Drive to prevent spam from being sent to your drive or misuse of your personal information. Keep following us for more such tips and tricks!
You can also follow us for instant technological news Google News or join us to review tips and tricks, smartphones and gadgets Tools Use the Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest review videos Use the Youtube Channel.