Dark mode makes our devices easier on our eyes, especially when using them in low light or dark environments. Google has always played a special role in using this latest theme in its applications and services. Now he has brought it to YouTube. You can activate YouTube Dark Mode on your website and in mobile apps for Android and iOS.
Also read | How to enable dark mode on all your apps on Android
Activate YouTube Dark Mode
Google has introduced a setting to enable dark mode on YouTube on any platform. By default, YouTube works on the theme of your device. Here’s how to change the YouTube theme on the web, on Android and iOS!
On the web
Follow these steps to activate the dark theme on the YouTube website:
1. Open the YouTube desktop website and click the icon for your profile picture in the top right corner of the page.
2. Now select “Appearance: Device theme” from the drop-down menu.
2. If you are not logged in to YouTube on your PC, tap the three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Here you will find the “Appearance: Device theme” option.
3. You can now select “Dark Topic” from the next page.
This is so. Now you can watch videos at night and it will not bother your eyes. Note that this obscure theme only applies to your existing browser and is not synchronized with your account. Therefore, you must activate it on every device you use.
To return to the dark theme, reset your profile picture or the three-dot menu button, and then click the “Appearance: Dark” button. Now select “Use Device Theme” or “Light Theme” for your choice.
You can also enable dark mode in Chrome on your PC to use the dark mode on all the websites you visit on your desktop.
Also read | 2 ways to activate dark mode in Windows 11
YouTube’s Android app also tracks the phone’s system theme. However, if you only want to use YouTube in the dark, you can change the application settings:
1. Open the YouTube app on your Android phone and tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
2. Now select “Settings” from the menu.
3. Then, click on “General” and select “Appearance” from the options.
4. Here, you will see that the “Use Device Theme” option is enabled by default. You can tap “Dark Theme” to activate it in your application.
If you want to return to the Light theme again, you can follow the same steps.
Also read | 3 ways to automatically activate Dark Mode on Android
The YouTube app for iOS also has its own dark mode option. Here’s how to activate it:
1. Open the YouTube app on your iPhone or iPad and tap the icon for your profile picture in the top right corner.
2. Now tap “Settings” from the menu and select “General”.
3. Finally, activate the switch next to “Dark Topic”.
Follow the same steps to return to the light theme again and turn off the “Dark Topic” switch.
So, how to activate YouTube dark mode on the Internet, Android and iOS. Follow us on social media for more such technical advice!
You can also follow us for instant technological news Google News or join us to review tips and tricks, smartphones and gadgets Tools Use the Telegram Groupor subscribe to the latest review videos Use the Youtube Channel.