Laptop batteries wear out over time. With constant charging and discharging cycles, the battery loses its maximum charge capacity. If you have a Windows laptop, you may want to check the health of the battery to see if it needs to be replaced. Here’s how to check the battery health of your Windows 11 laptop.
Related | Check the Battery Health of your Android Phone
Check the Battery Health of a Laptop running Windows 11
For starters, battery health is the ability to hold a current charge compared to the original design capacity. Most modern laptops use limited lithium-ion batteries. If you have one, you may already realize that battery efficiency decreases over time.
Like Windows 10, Windows 11 also offers a built-in way to create a detailed battery sheet. In addition, you can use certain third-party tools to check the health of your laptop battery. Both paths are described in detail below.
1. Create a Battery Health Report via PowerShell
The easiest way to check the battery health on any Windows machine is the Hidden Battery Report tool. Command works via Prompt / PowerShell as follows:
- Click Win + X on your keyboard or right-click the Start button.
- Choose Windows Terminal (Administrator) To open the PowerShell window. Alternatively, you can search for Windows PowerShell in the Start menu and open it as an administrator.
- Type when the PowerShell window opens powercfg / batteryreport and log in.
- A battery will create and maintain a health sheet C: Users ritik battery-report.html.
- Visit the catalog. Press the button battery health sheet HTML file.
The report will open in your browser. Here you can check the characteristics and capacity of the battery. It will also show battery capacity history, battery life estimates and end-use statistics.
You can see that here design ability The battery of my device is 42.082 mWh. However full filling capacity 33,949 mWh, which has lost some of its capacity over time. Existing health is about 80% of the original design capability.
Underneath Battery history, You can see how the full charge capacity of your battery matches the actual design capacity over time. It will continue to deplete when the battery is charged, used and discharged.
Besides, Estimates of battery life The section will show you how long your laptop should last, depending on its design capabilities and how long it will last.
These values will be updated each time you use the powercfg command in the Powershell window to check battery health. Each time the existing battery report will be replaced with a new report.
2. Through a Third Party Program
Several third-party tools, such as BatteryCat and HWiInfo, allow you to check the health of your battery. Here’s how you can use these apps on your laptop.
Check Battery Health using BatteryCat
- Download BatteryCat here. Choose one of the portable versions.
- Extract the downloaded zip file.
- Open start_batterycat.
- When the tool is turned on, you will be able to see the current battery capacity of your laptop.
Here you can see that the current battery capacity of my laptop is 81% of the original capacity. You can also see the battery charge cycles.
Check Battery Health Use of HWiNFO
- Download HWiNFO here. Choose a portable version that does not require installation.
- Extract the downloaded zip file – open it HWiNFO.
- Select “Sensors only“And tap Run.
- Now scroll down Battery section.
- Check Wear level See how low the battery is.
Here you can see that the battery in my device has lost about 20% of its original capacity.
Tips to extend the battery life of your Windows Laptop
Battery degradation is inevitable. But by following the simple tips below, you can slow down the process and save more time.
- Avoid completely discharging the battery.
- Do not always charge 100 percent.
- Try to keep the ideal range between 40-80 percent.
- Some manufacturers provide 80 or 60 percent charge when connected. Use to extend overall battery life.
- Make sure the battery does not overheat – use in a well-ventilated area.
- Use only the original charger to charge your laptop.
If your battery starts to malfunction and your laptop is still under warranty, check it with an authorized service center.
Other articles related to Windows 11:
In Windows 11, you can even check the health of your laptop’s battery. As you can see, both the internal battery report and third-party applications show accurate information. You can use both methods to measure the available battery capacity. Anyway, what is the health of the battery in your device? Let me know in the comments below.
You can also follow us for instant technological news Google News or join us to review tips and tricks, smartphones and gadgets Tools Use the Telegram Group or subscribe to the latest review videos Use the Youtube Channel.